After the success of the LaunchPad competition at the London Stationery Show back in April, a second was run for the sister Manchester event which will debut at the end of October.
The competition seeks to recognise six creative stationery suppliers looking to break into the market, who will each be awarded a free stand at the October show.
The winners are:
- Stationery Geek – useful stationery with a quirky twist
- Peace & Blessings – stationery boutique offering British design to celebrate non-mainstream festivals
- Emma Lawrence Designs – ‘Little Nature Explorers’ range from illustrator and author Emma includes cards, wrap and bug stickers!
- Mayblossoming – bright, fun and cute greeting and art cards and notebooks from Kirstie Gilleade
- Paper Mirchi – stunning, handmade luxury gift wrap made from recycled paper
- Green Pebble – a great range of ‘write, paint & print’ journals targeting artists and hobbyists
The judges announced they were looking for products which showed clear thought and execution when it came to brand and offer, a value commensurate with the suggested retail price and which they think will be of true interest to the UK stationery industry and its huge number of stationery-loving consumers.
“I found it so interesting. I loved the mix of judges, everyone with a different perspective; it felt like a mini Dragon’s Den!” said Sarah Laker of Marple Stationery Supplies.
“We are very pleased with the response to our first Manchester LaunchPad competition,” commented Vanessa Fortnam, marketing manager for the Manchester Stationery Show. “Collectively the judges know so much about what sells and how to sell it. They will be at the show to meet the winners and discuss their products with them and offer advice and contacts. It’s great for the show to be able to foster this type of support for industry start-ups.”
The next London LaunchPad competition will open next January to any company which, or individual who:
- Has not exhibited at either Manchester or London Stationery Shows previously
- Has the rights to sell the featured product
- Does not currently sell the featured product through any UK national retail accounts or distributors in the stationery retail sector